The Women for Climate Summit will be held on May 29-30, 2015 in Skhirat – Morocco at the Centre international de conférence Mohammed VI. To register for this event please click on the button below and fill out the registration form:
Detrimental effects of climate change can be felt in the short-term through natural hazards, such as landslides, floods and hurricanes; and in the long-term, through more gradual degradation of the environment.
The adverse effects of these events are already felt in many areas, including in relation to, inter alia, agriculture and food security; biodiversity and ecosystems; water resources; human health; human settlements and migration patterns; and energy, transport and industry.
Download “Women, Gender Equality and Climate Change” document by clicking the link below:
After working in culture, environmental protection, and in communication, today Gilles Berhault balance his time between consulting on energy and climate issues , sustainable development, communication, internet, transition technological and economic association and a strong commitment. He is Chairman of Committee 21 , of ACIDD, France Sustainability Club and pilot implementation of solutions that COP21 will invest the Grand Palais from December 4 to 10, 2015. He recently chaired the France Pavilion in Brazil at the earth Summit Rio + 20 , coordinating all programming, being its spokesman. He is on the board of the National CSR Platform
He is also administrator of the “CleanTuesday “; Steering Committee member of the energy Assisi, Ribbons of sustainable development, VP of European Partners for the Environment. He personally created the Summer University of Communication for Sustainable Development pilot program which he for 12 years, TIC21 on the contribution of digital technologies for sustainable development ( Paris , Brussels, Valenciennes) , meetings of Town digital and sustainable territories with DATAR . It ensures a permanent mission of sustainable development consulting the Scientific Director of the Institut Telecom Mines (Mines Schools grouping and telecoms Schools ) . He leads workshops including the think tank . It operates more than 100 times a year in panels or as a speaker.
Gilles Berhault wrote « Développement durable 2.0 » and « Propriétaire ou artiste ?» (Ed. de l’Aube), co-wrote « Métamorphose numérique » (Gallimard), « Atlas du développement durable » (Eyrolles), « Green IT » (Lavoisier).
Former Minister of Economy, Ababacar Khalifa SALL is Mayor of Dakar since April 2009, re-elected in June 2014. Two lines of force structure its work at the head of the municipality:
– Good governance with the aim of a municipal public service quality provided to citizens following the highest standards of transparency ;
– Participatory democracy through new inclusive dynamics to create cadres of mobilization of a vigilant and active citizenship.
His ambition is to make Dakar :
– A modern city by structuring investments that improve the environment and quality of life with innovative objectives and principles of sustainable development. In this context, important programs are running : the commissioning of an intelligent system of traffic lights fires, rehabilitation program and extension of municipal roads, the network expansion program public lighting with equipment powered by solar energy without counting the street paving EIIP which ultimately will mobilize 2,600 young people and be paid as such, a powerful generation of jobs and self-lever.
– A Solidarity City by social dynamics it develops to show the priority it accords to education through the program “The City in good parent student” in its various components which significantly lightened the burden on education Parents, health by increasing the technical platform of health facilities and expanding the provision of care for certain medical specialties. A solidarity City also by security that it broadcasts to raise the level of populations through the Development Fund and Municipal Solidarity (FODEM), the main instrument of socioeconomic policy of promoting women and youth, through which funds PAFSEP micro projects through micro gardening whose effects on food security and the fight against poverty are undeniable.
– A dynamic city in the energies it releases and the potential it values. In the cultural field, in addition to an amount of 150 million support fund CFA exclusively for cultural actors, an innovative program for creating training centers for careers in culture is underway.
A city open to all fraternities that engages with cities worldwide dynamic cooperation that serve the purpose of a win-win partnership.